Ladies lets admit, we more often than not desire that Victoria Secrets hair. Long, thick and bouncy waves, ideal for the perfect hair flip... unfortunately, unless you are one of the 1% in the world, majority of the time it's not theirs.
Extension quality over the years has improved and along with it affordability and versatility. So ladies, it's all about finding the ones for you. Not only are extensions perfect for adding length, they can be used for volume, filling in areas for a new style and adding colour.
The main types of extensions are: Keratin Bond, Micro Bead, Tape and Clip ins.
If you are serious about extensions, choosing the right one for you is very important. Whether price is a factor, comfort or effort level, this is where your hairdresser can customise the service to you,
Here are some tips and tricks to ensure you get the most out of your extensions:
- Only condition mid lengths and ends in natural fall.
- Plait hair when you are sleeping or exercising to help prevent tangling.
- Condition hair before swimming to help protect from chlorine.
- Always blow-dry hair after washing.
- Brush hair before washing.
- Book follow up appointment for re-lifiting extensions for 6-8 weeks.
- Do not sleep with wet or damp hair.
- No high heat when drying and styling.
- Do not wash up to 48hours after application.
- Do not apply conditioner to root area.
- Do not colour extensions.
Most salons can offer a complementary consult if you are interested in extensions. Ensure that you go to a salon that is an extension specialist, as you do not want to cause damage to your own hair. Always ask about hair type and do your research to ensure you get the highest quality of hair.